Please take a moment to read the aftercare advice, it is important that you become fully aware and understand what should be done by yourself both before and after a treatment in the interest of your personal health, safety, well-being and to ensure you get the best results. Ensuring you read this, will also maximise and prolong the benefits of your treatment.
After your treatment session, please follow this aftercare advice in order to gain the most benefit from your chosen therapy:
- Increase your water intake following a massage, to assist the body’s detoxification process
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, tea and caffeine at least 12hrs after treatment as they can have a dehydrating effect on the body.
- Have a suitable rest period after the session
- Avoid heavy spicy meals after the treatment. Eat a light meal so the body can concentrate on natural healing and encourage detoxification
- Sometimes people experience some soreness for 24 hours or so after a massage. If you do feel sore or think that you might, stretch gently in a hot shower or take a warm bath
You may experience the following reactions, these are beneficial to your body, some can be unpleasant, but will be short-lived and over a period of time your reactions will diminish.
The main reactions you will experience are pleasant. You may feel:
• generally sleepy or tired
• weepy/emotional due to the release of tension
• warm due to increased circulation
• increase in urination due to body releasing toxins
• aching and soreness in the muscles, this will be short-lived and followed by a relief from muscular tension
• less stressed and more relaxed Improved sleep patterns
If you have any questions or concerns about your response to your therapy session, please call and speak with me immediately.