Many mums-to-be are turning to alternative therapies to help them ease pregnancy discomfort and see them through labour and birth.
Pregnancy is an excellent time to start using complementary therapies. First because you cannot take most drugs, but also because a mother-to-be is closer to nature, so her body will generally respond very well to natural treatment.
Massage & Reflexology may help to ~
• Ease and support an aching back.
• Soothe swollen legs and disperse fluid retention.
• Boost energy levels and relieve fatigue.
• Lessen the experience of morning sickness.
• Improve circulation and enhance blood flow to the womb.
• Calm and regulate a stressed digestive system.
• Strengthen the urinary tract and pelvic floor muscles.
• Encourage a healthy and strong internal environment for the baby to grow in.
• Promote homeostasis, or balance, when all bodily systems are working harmoniously.
• Prepare your body for the journey of childbirth.
Pregnancy Massage ~ To ease and soothe from pre-natal to post-natal. Pregnancy massage is a holistic therapy that may help with sciatica, oedema, back ache, indigestion, insomnia and other related pregnancy conditions. Suitable for the first, second and third trimester
Reflexology ~ Feeling tired, nauseous, uncomfortable or having trouble sleeping during your pregnancy? Reflexology may be able to help with many common ailments during your pregnancy such as, back ache, fluid retention, swelling and may also help prepare your body for labour.
Please note that as maternity reflexology and pregnancy massage complements the skilled work of the midwife, it is important that inform your GP/midwife before booking a treatment.