Many mums-to-be are turning to alternative therapies to help them ease pregnancy discomfort and see them through labour and birth.
Pregnancy is an excellent time to start using complementary therapies. First because you cannot take most drugs, but also because a mother-to-be is closer to nature, so her body will generally respond very well to natural treatment.
Massage & Reflexology may help to ~
- Ease and support back pain
- Soothe swollen legs and disperse fluid retention
- Boost energy levels and relieve fatigue
- Reduce morning sickness symptoms
- Improve circulation and enhance blood flow to the womb
- Calm and regulate a stressed digestive system
- Encourage a healthy and strong internal environment for you baby to grow in
- Promote harmony and balance
- Reduce the stress related hormones that can effect your pregnancy
- Prepare your body for the journey of childbirth
Pregnancy Massage ~ To ease and soothe from pre-natal to post-natal. Pregnancy massage is a holistic therapy that may help with sciatica, oedema, back ache, indigestion, insomnia and other related pregnancy conditions. Suitable for the first, second and third trimester
Reflexology ~ Feeling tired, nauseous, uncomfortable or having trouble sleeping during your pregnancy? Reflexology may be able to help with many common ailments during your pregnancy such as, back ache, fluid retention, swelling and may also help prepare your body for labour.
Reduce the stress in your life –
Many prospective studies have shown that, if a mother is depressed, anxious, or stressed while pregnant, this increases the risk for her child having a wide range of adverse outcomes, including emotional problems, symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or impaired cognitive development.
“What happens in the womb can last a lifetime” Prof. Robert Winston,
Please note that as maternity reflexology and pregnancy massage complements the skilled work of the midwife, it is advisable that you inform your GP/midwife before booking a treatment.